Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 3

My third week at Habitat was a lot like the first two. Monday through Friday, we worked in our "cave" on flyers and advertisements. Things move fast at Habitat for Humanity, so they really benefit from our extra hands. Scott and I do a lot of tasks that need to be done, but no one here really has time to do. For example, in May there was a golf tournament for sponsors, and on Thursday Scott and I put photos from the event in picture frames and shipped them out to the respective sponsors.

On Friday we went to the HomeStore and began to work on inventory once again. Donations are brought into the HomeStore every day, so the inventory keeps changing. Everyone should come and check out the HomeStore. There are some really great deals on furniture and other home related items.

This week is a big one, as the quarterly newsletter needs to be ready to be sent out by next week. After this week, I will be taking a three week break to go to India, Singapore, and Thailand to meet family.

1 comment:

  1. Aditya, I'm catching up on reading y'all's blog for this summer's Turner Fellowship and just wanted to say thank you for all you've done with this opportunity. I'm sure everyone at Habitat is enjoying getting to know you and I saw the materials you created so I know they're benefitting from your mad talent. Way to go!
    -Mrs. Mangrum, Your Friendly FRA Alumni Director

    ReplyDelete