Friday, June 3, 2011

First Week

I, like Scott, have been working at Nashville Area Habitat for Humanity. The first week has been very interesting. I have been matched with Mrs. Stinson in the marketing department of Habitat, and it seems that I will be working in marketing all summer.

We started the week with a "communications audit". In other words, every media piece that goes to the public was examined, and the staff decided whether each was still useful. I think this was a great way to get me started in the marketing department of Habitat, and set up a full summer of editing and improving these documents.

The last dedication of houses for the summer is this weekend. Sadly, I won't be able to make it due to my SAT, but Mrs. Stinson allowed me to create the dedication program that will be given to all who attend. I was very grateful that she allowed me to take on such an important task, which included designing ads that will be used in future programs.

At the end of the week, Scott and I worked on assembling some light fixtures at the HomeStore. We also began inventory.

In the coming week, I will be tasked of creating some t-shirts and other apparel to start selling at builds. It really enjoyed my first week at Habitat, and I'm looking forward to the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment