Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 1

This week was my first week working with the Martha O'Bryan Center (MOBC), and I absolutely loved it! Monday and Tuesday I worked in the Early Learning Center with the kids which was an eye-opening experience. A three year old named Melvin started cussing, and it made me realize just how different of an environment these kids are raised in. Nevertheless, every time I see the kids, they brighten my day with their hugs and smiles.
Miss Martha's Ice Cream Crankin' is this Sunday, and it's one of the biggest events that MOBC puts on all year. So, I helped get ready for that Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I put together tote bags, cash boxes, and whatever else needed to be done. Everyone in the office was so appreciative of my help and were extremely nice. I'm also helping out with the Crankin' this Sunday and can't wait to be a part of the event that raises so much money every year.
I'm told that this summer I will continue to work in the Early Learning Center, and I will also help tutor the GED students and work in the food bank. I can't wait to learn about all of the aspects of MOBC and help out in any way that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment