Thursday, June 16, 2011

Week 2

This week was my second week at Martha O'Bryan Center (I am taking Thursday and Friday off for college visits). I worked with the kids all this week, and I have already begun to care deeply for them. I work in the classroom for the 3-5 year olds, and their innocence and imagination brings me so much joy. Often, I worry about their safety and future because of the environment that they are growing up in. I just hope that I can be a positive, loving influence on their lives.

I love the people that I am working with in the Early Learning Center. They genuinely care about the kids, and they have welcomed me with open arms into their classrooms. The teachers are so happy for the extra help, and I am so thankful that I was place at Martha O'Bryan Center because they truly appreciate and need the extra pair of hands.

I have been considering getting a degree in education when I go to college, and this experience is helping me to realize all aspects of teaching. I have learned the good, the bad, and that there is much I need to work on. I have trouble being strict with the kids because I want to keep them happy all of the time. However, the other teachers have taught me that being strict is necessary in order to properly teach these children.

I've been told that I will be working in the Early Learning Center for most of my time at Martha O'Bryan Center, and I could not be any happier! I will also be working with the adult education program, and I am excited to become a part of that as well. I am so thankful and blessed to have been chosen to be a part of this, and I can already see and feel my life being changed. I just hope that I can positively change others lives like this experience has changed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment