Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 4 at MOBC

Last week was my fourth week at the Martha O'Bryan Center, and it feels like I've been working there for so much longer (in a good way)! The people at MOBC have welcomed me with open arms, and I really love the people that I get to work with every day. I've learned so much about all the difficulties and rewards of teaching, and it is really helping me decide what I want to do with the rest of my life.

My kids manage to brighten my day every single time I see them. In the class I work with, there are many kids that have very difficult situations at home, and they have many behavioral issues because of the environments they are growing up in. When I go to work, I get to see the kids relax in what they know is a safe place. I do my best to show all of the kids the love and support they need in order to fully grow because they might not receive that kind of love in their homes. I genuinely care for all of my kids, and I can't describe how happy it makes me when I walk in the door, hear "Miss Alex!," and have kids run up to hug me.

I am so blessed to have received the Turner Fellowship, and I am even more blessed to have been placed at the Martha O'Bryan Center. When the Turner Fellowship ends, I plan on going back to MOBC and visiting everyone at least once a week. Probably more than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment