Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 5

Last week was my 5th week at PTM and the last week of their summer program. It was a bittersweet last few days with all the kids. I savored as much time as I could and treasured all the hugs and drawings that the kids gave me. They also gave me a "farewell Audrey" time in the morning at worship. The kids talked about how they loved me and how much they'll miss me. Their words warmed my heart and I hope I never forget their kind thoughts and prayers.

Last week was also my first week without Zach helping me. It was a little different and difficult but by the second or third day we had adjusted. We didn't go on any field trips but we did some fun activities around PTM for problem solving.

We also had the community supper last Friday. All of the children's families were invited, but there was a low turn out (which Chan said is to be expected). We ate BBQ and played baseball and sidewalk chalk. I also got to meet many of the kids family for the first time which was nice. It was a great way to end yet another wonderful week.

This week is a break week, but the next week is PTM Bonus week (30 kids get to come back for half days) and I am really looking forward to it. Until then, I hope everyone else has had just as amazing experience as me. God truly did bless me this summer and I couldn't be more thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment