Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 6 at MOBC

Last week was my sixth week at Martha O'Bryan Center. I have three more days next week to make up for the days I took off for college visits, and I can't believe that I'll be done after that! It has been such a blessing to be a part of these children's lives and to work with such wonderful people. I'm definitely going to miss the kids when I stop working.

Most of the kids are heading off to kindergarten in early August, and I am so excited for them! All they talk about is how they can't wait until they go to kindergarten, but I can tell that a few of them are nervous. It's weird because the kids are having the same feelings about kindergarten as I am about college; so, I'm doing my best to reassure them since I can since what they're going through.

Friday was my birthday, and I also worked for the first part of the day. During the kids' lunch time, Ms. Marvetta and Mr. John (the teachers I work with) sent me out of the room to get some Pine-Sol. When I returned, all of the lights were out, and everyone was gone. As I stepped into the room, Marvetta, John, and all of the kids jumped out and yelled "Surprise!" John handed me a cheesecake, and Marvetta gave me a card that all of the kids had signed (some with a little help). Then, they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me. I could not stop smiling! It means so much to me that they would take the time to do that for my birthday. I love my kids, and I love the people I work with. Going back to visit everyone is not even an option, it's a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment